- Speakers next week: Pastor Will (English), Rev. Peter Liu (Chinese).
- For the Church: (a) Pray for Mrs. So (Philip So’s mother) recovery from pelvic fracture after the fall and pacemaker surgery; Pray for Philip and family. (b) Pray for the Lord’s healing on Jerome & Amy after the car accident. (c) Pray for Vinson’s rehab, and pray for the family as well.
- Planning and Budget Meetings: Pray for all the ministry departments as they have planning and budgeting meetings for 2022. Pray that the leaders continue to be after God’s heart as they plan.
- Building Project: The safety of the workers and the completion of the project in 10-12 months.
- Community: Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, and pray for the government leaders as well as essential workers.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- Pastoral Itinerary: Rev. Siu is on vacation October 1st to November 4th, inclusive. Pastor Will is on vacation October 31st to November 6th, inclusive.
- Saturday Morning Online Prayer Meetings will begin this Saturday (November 6th) and will be held every Saturday at 8:15am. We encourage brothers and sisters to pray for the church building project and ministries together. Brothers and sisters who join must be committed to join at least twice each month and be punctual. Please contact Pastor William Liu for more details.
- Daylight Saving Time ends next Sunday (November 7th). Remember to adjust your clock backward by one hour before going to bed this Saturday (November 6th).
- In-person Worship will be resumed next Sunday, same time, at 11am, at McNair Secondary.
- Communion Next Week: Let us prepare our hearts and souls and minds for the Lord.
- Church Budget 2022 Meeting will be held next Sunday (November 7th) at 2:30pm on Zoom. The Zoom information has been emailed to deacons, department servant leaders and assistant department servant leaders. Please submit the budget by today (October 31st).
- EM Gatherings (Zoom and In-person):
- EPIC Fellowship (Teens; Fridays at 7:30p) – (On Discord / in-person)
- Thrive Fellowship (College to Age 24; Fridays at 7:30p) – 384 693 6909 / in-person
- SFF (Young Career; Fridays at 7:30p) – 834 6473 7645 / in-person
- EM Sunday Classes (Sundays at 9:00a) – In-person
- Church Prayer Meeting (Sundays at 10:00a) – In-person
- EM Worship (Sundays at 11:00 a) – In-person and Zoom 384 693 6909
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. Let us keep the area clean and safe through garbage picking and snow shovelling during snow seasons. This activity will be ongoing every month (on either Saturdays or Sundays). Please sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yyu4ctvt. If you have any questions, please contact William KC Chan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Walks: Brothers and sisters can participate individually or with fellowship and groups to support the church building and care for our community. Contact William KC Chan at email@example.com for sign-up or any questions.
- Kairos Course provides an overview of the biblical, historical, cultural and strategic aspect of God’s mission and encourages reflection on how these might relate to everyday life. Theses courses are coming up: Cantonese (December 5th – February 13th), and Youth Kairos (see https://smc.outreach.ca/courses/youthkairos)
- First Virtual Canada Chinese Christian Winter Conference will be held on December 31st, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022. Theme: Refresh Recharge Renew. The conference is free, but you need to register! There will be 4 tracks: English Adult, Cantonese, Teens and Children. The Children Track will be held on December 27th & 28th, 2021. Details or registration: cccwc.ca (Poster)
- Stem Cell Donation: Julian Ho, a 15 year old boy from Calgary who was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), needs to have a second stem cell transplant. If you are of Chinese descent and between age 17 to age 35, you could be the life saving match and the hope that Julian desperately needs! Register/Details: https://www.hope4julian.com/. Pray for Julian Ho and his family.