- Speakers next week: Pastor Will (English), Walton Pang (Chinese).
- For the Church: (a) Pray for Mrs. So (Philip So’s mother) recovery from pelvic fracture after the fall and pacemaker surgery; Pray for Philip and family. (b) Pray for the Lord’s healing on Jerome & Amy after the car accident. (c) Pray for Vinson’s rehab, and pray for the family as well.
- Deacon Board: Pray for the 2022 board members (Alice Tsung, Hilda Wong, May Ng, and Peal Lin), as well as the 2021 board members who are retiring (Gabriel Fung, and Mee Leng). Give thanks and pray for their walk in Jesus.
- Planning and Budget Meetings: Pray for all the ministry departments as they have planning and budgeting meetings for 2022. Pray that the leaders continue to be after God’s heart as they plan.
- Building Project: Construction has started. Pray for the safety of the workers and for the completion of the project in 10-12 months.
- Community: Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, and pray for the government leaders as well as essential workers.
- Welcome everyone to join our in-person/online worship.
- Pastoral Itinerary: Rev. Siu is on vacation on October 1st to November 4th, inclusive.
- Children Dedication: Gideon & Suzanne’s son Josiah, and Vincent & Sandy’s daughter Bella.
- New Deacon Board 2022: Praise the Lord that Hilda Wong is elected to the board for Year 2022 to Year 2023. The new board includes: Alice Tsung (Vice-chairman and Secretary), Hilda Wong (Financial Secretary), May Ng (Treasurer), and Pearl Lin (General Manager).
- EM Worship Night: October 29th, Friday, 7:30pm, at Fraserview MB Church. All three EM fellowships will be at Fraserview MB that Friday evening.
- Special Announcement: The school venue is unavailable on October 31st. Therefore, the in-person Sunday worship and prayer meeting will be suspended. Encourage all congregations to join online worship at 11am and the online prayer meeting at 10am. EM Worship will be on Zoom (ID: 384 693 6909).
- 2022 Church Budget Meeting will be held on November 7th. The meeting time and venue are TBD. Department servant leaders and deacons are reminded to join the meeting, with 2022 budget submission by October 31st. Note: in order to help budget planning, please submit reimbursement claims ASAP.
- EM Gatherings (Zoom and In-person):
- EPIC Fellowship (Teens; Fridays at 7:30p) – (On Discord / in-person)
- Thrive Fellowship (College to Age 24; Fridays at 7:30p) – 384 693 6909 / in-person
- SFF (Young Career; Fridays at 7:30p) – 834 6473 7645 / in-person
- EM Sunday Classes (Sundays at 9:00a) – In-person
- Church Prayer Meeting (Sundays at 10:00a) – In-person
- EM Worship (Sundays at 11:00 a) – In-person and Zoom 384 693 6909
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. Let us keep the area clean and safe through garbage picking and snow shovelling during snow seasons. This activity will be ongoing every month (on either Saturdays or Sundays). Please sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yyu4ctvt. If you have any questions, please contact William KC Chan email@example.com
- Prayer Walks: Brothers and sisters can participate individually or with fellowship and groups to support the church building and care for our community. Contact William KC Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org for sign-up or any questions.
- Kairos Course provides an overview of the biblical, historical, cultural and strategic aspect of God’s mission and encourages reflection on how these might relate to everyday life. Theses courses are coming up: Cantonese (December 5th – February 13th), and Youth Kairos (see https://smc.outreach.ca/courses/youthkairos)
- First Virtual Canada Chinese Christian Winter Conference will be held on December 31st, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022. Theme: Refresh Recharge Renew. The conference is free, but you need to register! There will be 4 tracks: English Adult, Cantonese, Teens and Children. The Children Track will be held on December 27th & 28th, 2021. Details or registration: cccwc.ca (Poster)