- Speakers next week: Walton Pang (English), Pastor George (Chinese).
- For the Church: (a) Allen Lam’s father who was admitted to the hospital due to heart problems. He was discharged. Pray for his health and the follow-up. (b) Pray for Vinson’s physio/rehab, and pray for the family as well. (c) The condition of Mrs. Luk (Betty Wang’s mother) has improved; pray for the Lord’s healing. (d) For the people whose jobs are affected by the pandemic. Also, pray for the brothers and sisters looking for jobs.
- Funeral: Loratta Tin ‘s father rested in the Lord on May 24th. Let us keep the family in prayers.
- Building Project: Praise the Lord! The Building Permit was released by the City of Richmond on March 15th.
- Pray for our government: Please pray for wisdom and guidance for Canada’s politicians, that they may not err and that they be provided good judgement in the coming 3rd readings on the C-6 Bill.
- World/Community: (a) Pray for the peace in Israel and Palestine. (b) Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, and pray for the government leaders as well as essential workers.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- The Groundbreaking Ceremony video is available on the church website over the next two weeks.
- 2021 Deacons Nominating Committee (DNC) is being set up with two current deacons, two church members, and the appointed pastor. Deacon representatives are Gabriel Fung and Alice Tsung. According to the church bylaws, all recommendations of DNC Church Member representatives must come from 2 church members (not from the same or related families). Due to Pastor George on sabbatical leave, Pastor Will has appointed to chair the DNC. Recommendations are to be emailed to Pastor Will (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 20th.
- Pastoral Itinerary: According to the staff handbook, pastors who have served for six years can apply to the Deacons Board for four months sabbatical leave for personal retreat, short-term training, or short-term missions. In May 2019, Pastor George took two weeks sabbatical leave to Indonesia for short-term missions. Pastor George will complete his remaining sabbatical leave this year from June 15th to September 30th, inclusive. During the leave, Pastor George will join the Correctional Service Canada’s volunteer program for gospel visitations. If the pandemic situation subsides, Pastor George will also consider overseas short-term missions. Please keep in your prayers. During the sabbatical period, please contact the Deacons Board for any church affairs, Pastor William Liu for Chinese ministry, and Pastor Will for English ministry.
- EM Gatherings Zoom Meeting ID’s:
- EPIC Fellowship (Teens; Fridays at 7:30p) – (On Discord)
- Thrive Fellowship (College to Age 24; Fridays at 7:30p) – 384 693 6909
- SFF (Young Career; Fridays at 7:30p) – 834 6473 7645
- EM Sunday Classes (Sundays at 9:00a) – 384 693 6909
- EM Prayer Meeting (Sundays at 10:15a) – 384 693 6909
- EM Worship (Sundays at 11:00 a) – 384 693 6909
- Home-made Cloth Face Mask: Church and family members/neighbours/friends can share the love by ordering via the following link: https://forms.gle/XNgmXPMiwK9jyP918
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. Let us keep the area clean and safe through garbage picking and snow shovelling during snow seasons. Due to social distancing and government’s restriction, the event has been postponed until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact William KC Chan.