- Speakers next week: Pastor Will (English), Rev. Peter Liu (Chinese).
- For the church: (a) Thanksgiving: Katherine Lam gave birth to twins on August 18th. Both mother and the sons are well. Also pray that God grant the parents wisdom and strength needed each day. (b) For Mrs. Grace Siu’s recovery after cataract surgery. (c) The condition of Mrs. Luk (Betty Wang’s mother) has improved; pray for the Lord’s healing. (d) For Vinson’s recovery; pray for Rowena, Oscar, Tiffany, and Vinson’s parents. (e) Pray for Natalie (Loratta Tin’s daughter) smooth pregnancy. (f) For the people whose jobs are affected by the pandemic. Also, pray for the brothers and sisters looking for jobs.
- Give thanks for the Membership Ceremony August 22nd and the Baptismal Service on August 29th. Pray for the 7 brothers and sisters who received baptism, and the 5 brothers & sisters who joined the church as members.
- Pray for the Deacon Candidates: Pearl Lin, May Ng, and Alice Tsung. Pray that God-fearing leaders will be chosen by the Lord.
- EPIC Camp: Pray for the teens to meet Jesus and to learn to live out their faith.
- Cloth Face Mask Team: Pray for the distribution to those in need.
- Building Project: Pray for the Building Permit to be issued shortly.
- Community: (a) Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, especially since the cities are moving to Phase 3. (b) Pray for the families who are going back to schools in the Fall.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- Pastoral Itinerary: Pastor George is on vacation from August 30th to September 6th.
- Communion Next Week: Let us prepare our hearts and souls and minds for the Lord. To observe Communion at home, please solemnly prepare unleavened bread or skyflakes/bread pieces, and grape juice before the service next Sunday. Here is the link to an unleavened bread recipe: https://www.alyonascooking.com/unleavened-bread-matzah/
- Deacons Board has decided to contribute a total of $1,000 to support the victims in Beirut. The donation will be sent to World Vision Canada. We also encourage every individual to participate in this “love in action”.
- Deacon Election: Three people have accepted as 2021-2022 deacon candidates: Pearl Lin, May Ng and Alice Tsung. The deacon nominees’ profile sent to the registered members via email on August 23rd. The voting dates are September 6th, 13th and 20th. The voting time from 12pm to 2pm. If you have any questions during the voting dates, please contact the Deacon Nominating Committee during the voting time at 604-303-5831. Note that the registered name must be identical to the name used for signing in on election day. Here is the link: Online Voting Instruction.
- Membership Ceremony and Baptism: The links to the full-version videos of the “Membership Ceremony” and “Baptism” will be posted on the church website by Wednesday. Please check if you are interested.
- EPIC Camp is back this year from Sept. 5th – 7th (Saturday to Monday). Though we can’t all be together at a campsite, that doesn’t stop us from spending a weekend together! We will still have activities dedicated for learning, fun, and bonding. This year’s theme is Living Out Loud. The focus will be on how to live out your faith daily and how to share your faith with others. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any EPIC Committee or Coaches.
- Kairos Course (Zoom) is to learn about God’s heart for all nations. English: September 14th – November 16th, or September 15th – November 10th; Cantonese: October 25th – December 20th. Fee: $99 Church members can receive a subsidy of $30. Registration with Pastor Will. Details: https://kairoscourse.org/courses?nation=ca
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. This activity is ongoing every two weeks (Saturdays or Sundays). Next one is September 5th at 5pm. In order to maintain social distancing, please contact William KC Chan if you are interested.
- Cloth Face Mask: Church and family members/neighbours/friends can order via the following link: https://forms.gle/XNgmXPMiwK9jyP918