- Speakers next week: Pastor Will (English), Rev. Peter Liu (Chinese).
- Missionaries Steve & Sus (Abbotsford): (a) Thank God for the ongoing outreach to T people by the national believers; (b) Pray that they would know how to “root well” here in Canada while remaining engaged with the outreach to the T people; (c) Pray for the Bible translation projects that Steve is involved with.
- For the church: (a) Thanksgiving Katherine Lam gave birth to twins on August 18th. Both mother and the sons are well. Pray for her recovery. Also pray that God grant the parents wisdom and strength needed each day. (b) Mrs. Grace Siu’s cataract surgery on Monday. (c) The condition of Mrs. Luk (Betty Wang’s mother) has improved; pray for the Lord’s healing. (d) For Vinson’s recovery; pray for Rowena, Oscar, Tiffany, and Vinson’s parents. (e) Pray for Natalie (Loratta Tin’s daughter) smooth pregnancy. (f) For the people whose jobs are affected by the pandemic. Also, pray for the brothers and sisters looking for jobs.
- Pray for baptismal and new members: Baptismal candidates: Allen and Amanda Lam, Clifton Cheng, Elsa Lau, Sammy Chiu, Wilson and Pauline La. New Members: Daniel and Debby Yeung, Loratta Lazzari, Vincent and Sandy Ng. Pray for the baptismal arrangement.
- Pray for the Deacon Candidates: Pearl Lin, May Ng, and Alice Tsung. Pray that God-fearing leaders will be chosen by the Lord.
- EPIC Camp: Pray for the planning and arrangement.
- Cloth Face Mask Team: Pray for the distribution to those in need.
- Building Project: Pray for the Building Permit to be issued shortly.
- Community: (a) A huge explosion in Lebanon caused more than 200 deaths and 6,000 injuries. Pray for the people affected by the explosion. (b) Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, especially since the cities are moving to Phase 3.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- Pastoral Itinerary: Pastor George will be on vacation from August 30th to September 6th.
- Baptism & Membership: Lord willing, a baptismal service will be held on August 29th at 10:30am-11:30am, Place: South Arm Outdoor Pool. Due to the pandemic, this baptism ceremony is not open to the public.
- Deacon Election: Three people have accepted as 2021-2022 deacon candidates: Pearl Lin, May Ng and Alice Tsung. The deacon nominees’ profile will be sent to the registered members via email on August 23rd. The voting dates are September 6th, 13th and 20th. The voting time from 12pm to 2pm. If you have any questions during the voting dates, please contact the DNC during the voting time at 604-303-5831. Note that the registered name must be identical to the name used for signing in on election day.
- EPIC Camp is back this year from Sept. 5th – 7th (Saturday to Monday). Though we can’t all be together at a campsite, that doesn’t stop us from spending a weekend together! We will still have activities dedicated for learning, fun, and bonding. This year’s theme is Living Out Loud. The focus will be on how to live out your faith daily and how to share your faith with others. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any EPIC Committee or Coaches.
- Kairos Course: To learn about God’s heart for all nations, let us join a Kairos Course via Zoom. English courses: September 14th – November 16th, or September 15th – November 10th; Cantonese course: October 25th – December 20th. Fee: $99 Church members can receive a subsidy of $30. Registration with Pastor Will. Details: https://kairoscourse.org/courses?nation=ca
- Lebanon Crisis: The Government of Canada will match donations made by individual Canadians to the Humanitarian Coalition (humanitariancoalition.ca) or one of its 12 member charities to help the people affected by the Beirut explosion on August 4th. The matching deadline is August 24th. Two of the members are World Vision Canada (worldvision.ca) and Canadian Lutheran World Relief (clwr.org). Let us be the salt and light to others in the midst of suffering. Note: Deacons Board has decided to contribute a total of $1,000 to support the explosion in Beirut. The donation will be sent to World Vision Canada.
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. This activity is ongoing every two weeks (Saturdays or Sundays). Next one is August 29th at 5pm. In order to maintain social distancing, please contact William KC Chan if you are interested.
- Cloth Face Mask: Church and family members/neighbours/friends can order via the following link: https://forms.gle/XNgmXPMiwK9jyP918