- Speakers next week: Anton Maslo (English), Pastor George (Chinese).
- Missionaries Steve & Sus (Abbotsford): (a) Thank God for the ongoing outreach to T people by the national believers; (b) Pray that they would know how to “root well” here in Canada while remaining engaged with the outreach to the T people; (c) Pray for the Bible translation projects that Steve is involved with.
- For the church: (a) The condition of Mrs. Luk (Betty Wang’s mother) has improved; pray for the Lord’s healing. (b) For Vinson’s recovery; pray for Rowena, Oscar, Tiffany, and Vinson’s parents. (c) Katherine Lam, and Natalie (Loratta Tin’s daughter), pray for smooth pregnancies. (d) For the people whose jobs are affected by the pandemic. Also, pray for the brothers and sisters looking for jobs.
- Pray for baptismal and new members: Baptismal candidates: Allen and Amanda Lam, Clifton Cheng, Elsa Lau, Sammy Chiu, Wilson and Pauline La. New Members: Daniel and Debby Yeung, Loratta Lazzari, Vincent and Sandy Ng. Pray for the baptismal arrangement.
- Pray for the Deacon Nominating Committee that God-fearing people will be nominated.
- EPIC Camp: Pray for the planning and arrangement.
- Cloth Face Mask Team: Pray for the distribution to those in need.
- Building Project: Pray for the Building Permit to be issued shortly.
- Community: (a) A huge explosion in Lebanon caused more than 200 deaths and 6,000 injuries. Pray for the people affected by the explosion. (b) Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, especially since the cities are moving to Phase 3.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- Next Week Sunday Prayer Meeting (August 23rd, 10am): We will have Olga Maslo to share with us Ukraine ministry.
- Baptism & Membership: Lord willing, a baptismal service will be held on August 29th at 10:30am-11:30am, Place: South Arm Outdoor Pool. Due to the pandemic, this baptism ceremony is not open to the public.
- Deacons Election: Due to limitations during the pandemic, the election of deacons in September will be held online. Eligible voters (active church members, 19 years or older on September 20th) must register for online voting by TODAY via the following link: https://forms.gle/wYnmfJTRdPkYs4Md8. Note that the registered name must be identical to the name used for signing in on election day.
- City of Richmond Adopt-A-Street Program: We have adopted Beckwith Road where our new church site is at. Let us keep the area clean and safe. This activity is ongoing every two weeks (Saturdays or Sundays). The next one is at 2:30pm today. In order to maintain social distancing, please contact William KC Chan if you are interested.
- EPIC Camp is back this year from September 5th – 7th (Saturday to Monday). Though we can’t all be together at a campsite, that doesn’t stop us from spending a weekend together! We will still have activities dedicated for learning, fun, and bonding. This year’s theme is Living Out Loud. The focus will be on how to live out your faith daily and how to share your faith with others. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any EPIC Committee or Coaches.
- Kairos Course: To learn about God’s heart for all nations, let us join a Kairos Course via Zoom. English courses: September 14th – November 16th, or September 15th – November 10th; Cantonese course: October 25th – December 20th. Fee: $99 Church members can receive a subsidy of $30. Registration with Pastor Will. Details: https://kairoscourse.org/courses?nation=ca
- Lebanon Crisis: The Government of Canada will match donations made by individual Canadians to the Humanitarian Coalition (humanitariancoalition.ca) or one of its 12 member charities to help the people affected by the Beirut explosion on August 4th. The matching deadline is August 24th. Two of the members are World Vision Canada (worldvision.ca) and Canadian Lutheran World Relief (clwr.org). Let us be the salt and light to others in the midst of suffering.
- Cloth Face Mask: All brothers & sisters of RPGMBC and family members/neighbours/friends can order via the following link: https://forms.gle/XNgmXPMiwK9jyP918