- Speakers next week: Pastor Will (English), Pastor George (Chinese).
- Missionaries Tony and Sarah Brown (Panama): After much prayers, the Browns will complete their assignment in Panama and move back to BC in the summer. Pray for the transition and discernment for the next assignment with Multiply.
- For the church: (a) For Vinson recovery. Pray for Rowena, Oscar, Tiffany, and Vinson’s parents. (b) Katherine Lam, and Natalie (Loratta Tin’s daughter), pray for a smooth pregnancy. (c) For the people whose jobs are affected by the pandemic. Also, pray for the brothers and sisters looking for jobs.
- Cloth Face Mask Team: Pray for the distribution to those in need.
- Building Project: Pray for the Building Permit to be issued shortly.
- Community: Pray for the protection against the COVID-19, especially since the cities are moving to Phase 3.
- Welcome everyone to join our online worship.
- Communion Next Week: Let us prepare our hearts and souls and minds for the Lord. To observe Communion at home, please solemnly prepare unleavened bread or skyflakes/bread pieces, and grape juice before the service next Sunday. Here is the link to an unleavened bread recipe: https://www.alyonascooking.com/unleavened-bread-matzah/.
- Pastoral News: William Liu will join the church’s pastoral team starting in July. Pastor William Liu will focus on Chinese cell groups and the ministry of Chinese young couples. Let us pray for William and family on their calling to the new ministries. May the Lord bless them and bless the church.
- Deacon Nominating Committee (DNC) 2020 has been set up: two current deacons – Eric Cheung and Clara Chew, two members – Paul Lam and Hilda Wong, and Senior Pastor George Siu. According to the bylaws, each term of a deacon is two years. After the first term, a deacon can be re-elected for a second term, after which, a one-year break is required. Among the five existing deacons, three of the deacons (Eric Cheung, Clara Chew, and William WL Chan) will finish their two terms of four years. Hence, we will need to elect three new deacons to the Board of Deacons in 2021. Pray for the DNC, and pray to the Lord for committed leaders to respond to the calling as deacons to serve alongside with the pastors. Deacon nomination has now started. Instructions for nomination: Before July 5th, email to Pastor George (email@example.com) with the name of the nominee and the names of the two nominators. Once the email has been received, the DNC will confirm the nominators.
- Building Fund Faith Pledge will end on June 30th. As of June 20th, we have received $15,003.29. Pledge commitment: $69,100. Pledge target: $250,000.
- Cloth Face Mask team: If you are interested in helping, contact Becky Hui or Deborah Wong or the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The team has produced 180 masks so far. Order through your group leaders or here https://forms.gle/XNgmXPMiwK9jyP918. Phase 2 Targets: all brothers & sisters of RPGMBC and family members/neighbours/friends.
- Sermon Series in the Summer: “He’s Still Got the Whole World in His Hands” – Living in such a mad mad world these days, do we see that our Father in Heaven still has everything in control and you are still under His care? Let us grow together in July and August. Sunday sermons and daily devotions will come starting July 5th.